Monday, 26 May 2014

Maghariba Guard in progress

As I mentioned in my last post, I ordered a Maghariba Guard for Infinity. It turned up on Friday and I filmed my initial thoughts on the kit for your perusal; the video can be found here.
As I wanted to play with it the same day I leapt into clean-up and construction. There was quite a lot of clean-up to do with regards to flash, pour stubs and seam lines, but with the exception of some of the seam-lines on the inside of the legs, it was easy enough. Construction was also easy, although in my haste to assemble the legs for gaming Friday afternoon I layered on and broke the superglue many times, so eventually it required pining which ended up with the two leg sections not aligning properly. This does however mean some of the legs are raised, meaning interesting basing possibilities with rocks and such- every cloud has a silver lining and all that. Needed mad Milliput to fill in the resulting gap though.
Before priming.

For the colour scheme I was originally thinking of re-doing of the camo I used on the 1/76 Sandstalker, but instead opted for a variation on the scheme I used for the Polar Bear a while back 
So far everything's in Tamiya. I'm annoyed I didn't think to do some post-shading on the khaki before adding the green, but I'm sure it'll work out. Plan is some sponge chipping, a Burnt Umber oil-wash and the pigments trick I used on the Sandstalker for weathering once the main paint-job's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment