The customary coat of grey primer, after removing the blemishes it showed up.
Vallejo's Camouflage Green was the base colour, with the dark brown being GW Dark Flesh & the yellowy brown being GW Bubonic Brown. I was less than convinced by the Bubonic Brown so I went over it and changed it to GW Karak Stone.
Weathering, my favourite part of painting! I tried out a lot of the techniques from the Object 279 build in January's Military Modelcraft International. First a basic pin-wash using GW Nuln Oil; then paint wear was applied on the browns using a sponge dipped in the base green. Decals from a Revell 1:76 Challenger 1 kit were used, though one fell off from the next step- I really need some decal fixer. Scratches and such sponged & dry-brushed on using a mix of GW Tin Bitz & Dark Flesh, along with a small amount of MiG Light Rust pigment. After that a heavily watered down coat of Vallejo Light Yellow Ochre pigment mixed with MiG Dark Earth pigment was applied, left to dry and then brushed off where appropriate.
There's still a little left to do on this but I'm reasonably pleased with how it's turning out. I was thinking of making a vignette using a 1/76 Nitto SAFS I have left over from the EW Nutrocker and some insulation foam I found down in the basement. Such is the life of the student scale modeller :P
I also thought I'd post some pictures of the painting I got done on the Rook more than a month ago now...
The base colour, a mix of GW Shadow Grey & Camo Green. This was when I was just planning on a red or yellow ID stripe and leaving it at that before weathering, hence the red & yellow paints.
And after changing my mind about the camo scheme- the style of scheme taken from a T-34, but the end result feeling distinctly WW1 or WW2 French. The additional colours were Vallejo Camouflage Green and GW Snakebite Leather. I need some more paints...