Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!

It's been too  long since my last post, and there's not a great deal to show for it I have to admit. I got a 1/76 Chi-Ha (perhaps my favourite WW2 tank designs) which has been languishing almost finished and trackless for about 2 months now. I got it to experiment with several weathering techniques- drybrushing black enamel on appropriate areas to recreate paint chipping, and using oil paints brushed off with turpentine to recreate rain marks.
I went on to use those techniques on my first proper (1/20 scale) Ma.K suit- an AFS Polar Bear. A fun build, although I made several errors to learn from on my next suit (first & foremost to not glue the head in before painting it). The chipping came out not so well with the enamel, so I just did them in a silver acrylic.

At the moment I'm working on another 1/76 Nutrocker; this time a manned command variant (something I've wanted to do for a while, although initially the idea was for a long-barelled tank-killer similar to the PaK Krote) using the turret from a 1/72 M48. Not much progress has been made of late, but pics will follow soon. For now, here's the first ideas I played around with, comparing the  ideas I had for AT & command variants.

I also got a new fleet for Dystopian Wars- the Russian Coalition. After a game, I can tell with their close up charge way of playing they'll be a fun change from the medium distance maneuvering of the Britannian fleet. There models are growing on me, but the Borodino battleship I loved instantly- it's a big sexy chunk of resin, as big as the Britannian Dreadnought! Here's the main hull up against the Britannian battleship for comparison.

I've finished painting the Cruisers, after playing around with the scheme a bit, hence the two different schemes.

Anyways, that's all for now. I would tell you it's my New Years Resolution to update more frequently, but I'd be lying. I will hopefully update soon however!

No comments:

Post a Comment